CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Yummy, Yummy Rice Cereal!!!

My first time Eating Solids!!!

 One Sunday night I was sitting next to mommy during dinner, moving my mouth around non stop, and following every single bite of food that she put in her mouth with my eyes.  I hear mommy and Grandma talking and the next thing I know, mommy got up from the table and whipped up a tiny bowl of rice cereal mixed with a little bit of breast milk for me to try!!  I was verrrrry excited!!!  Technically I am only 4 and a half months old and not supposed to start eating solids until I am 6 months old (per Dr. Schwartz's instructions). But I am a big boy and just sooo interested in what's going on with the big people at the dinner table that mommy said it would be ok to bend this rule!

Here it comes!!

My first bite!!

Hmmmm...

So how does this swallowing thing work?

Not too sure how I feel about this whole solids thing yet!

Mmmm!

I'm gettin the hang of it!

Grandma decided to jump in and give it a whirl!

This eating thing is messy business!!

One more bite!

That was fun!! Lets do it again!!

All in all I'd say it was a successful first attempt at solids! (Even though I ended up wearing most of it!) ;)
We're going to keep practicing with rice cereal 2-3 times a week until I get to be 6 months old and get the ok from the Doctor to go ahead with more!  Mommy was so proud of me, she went out and bought me a Baby Brezza...which is the most awesome Baby food cooker ever invented!  Mommy said she wants me to eat organic baby food that she makes, but since she's not too saavy in the kitchen, the Baby Brezza will really help out!  It steams, purees and even defrosts homemade babyfood all in a few simple steps! We still have a little while before I get to try that out but it's all ready for me when I do!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment