CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 18, 2011

The nursery-part 2

Here are all the individual projects from the nursery!

Custom painting from Etsy...This was the very last thing put in the nursery, and I think it is the perfect finishing touch!  I couldn't be happier with the how the colors turned out; I think it really brings it all together!

My favorite project in the nursery!  I drew inspiration from mobiles on Etsy and nursery DIY blogs.  For the base, I used a hanging lantern from Ikea and then draped white leafy ribbon around it.  I then drew out a pattern for the owls and the birds.  Everything that was hand sewn was done by me and Grandma did all the sewing with the machine...we make a great team! ;)

Grandma and I found a vintage rocker/gliding/swivel chair at a thrift shop for $20(!).  Then we went to ohhh, maybe 9 different fabric stores before finding the perfect fabric to have it reupholstered with! The adorable owl is from Etsy.

Custom made bedding!  What a talented Grandma you have!   She sewed the bumpers, crib skirt and fitted sheet to make the perfect bedding set for you!

The inspiration piece for the nursery-a beautiful, custom made quilt from Etsy!  The second I saw this quilt, I knew this is what we were going to plan your nursery around.  I sent her fabric from the bedding and I love how she incorporated it into the quilt!

Tree/Owl wall decal custom made from Etsy

Lovely pillows made by Grandma

I was standing in the wooden letter isle at Hobby Lobby, and had to decide on your name before I could buy the wooden letters...So Landon it was!  This was a simple and fun project to work on!  All you need are the wooden letters, some scrapbooking paper and embellishments, and modgepodge and ta da!  Hanging letters to match any space!

The memory photo board was another simple project...All you need is some fabric, ribbon, bottons, and a staple gun...then personalize with your pictures and quotes!

Love the Fluffy rug!  What a great find at Costco!  The mirror was just your average mirror from Ikea, until we spraypainted it orange!

Super soft minky fabric for your diaper changing cover...sewn by Grandma

Another one of my favorite projects in the nursery is the Family Wall...Your Grandpa, Grandma, mommy's and uncle's baby pictures.  The biggest frame in the middle is dedicated to you and will hold your newborn baby picture once you make your arrival :)
 
Diaper stacker sewn by Grandma

Custom made wipes case from Etsy

We had a lantern sitting in the backyard...we cleaned it up and Grandma spraypainted it the same aqua blue as your nightstand.  The owl is another custom made item from Etsy.

Grandma worked so hard on the bedding, had to throw in another pic of it ;)  Not to mention the fact that it took us a good 6 hours of shopping to find just the right fabric!

Floating nightstand we had made and then spraypainted ourselves.  Grandma added the ribbon embelishment to spruce up the lamp.


Mommy's bed...We're roommates!


0 comments:

Post a Comment